Boise Youth Triathlon
Summer 2013 Dates:
June 24-28 Dt Y July 8 -12 Dt Y July 22 -26 Dt Y Aug 5-9 West Y Aug 19-23 West Y
Mission: To promote a lifelong passion for activity while focusing on swimming, biking, and running. We look to enhance fitness skills with the larger goal of developing self-esteem, teamwork, goal setting, self-discipline and friendly competition. This Youth Program will be both an introduction to sport for beginners and a challenge for the serious competitor. Experienced coaching with a flair for kids will guide the program. The Youth Triathlon Program will strive to create a healthy and safe environment for kids to learn, laugh, and grow.
The YMCA is a non-profit organization.
*Financial assistance is available*
About the Camp
The Boise YMCA Youth Triathlon Camp is a non-profit group focused on healthy lifestyles for kids. The age range is 7 – 18 years old. This program will offer swim, bike, and run training with safety, sound mechanics and fun being a major theme. We welcome all abilities. There will be several informal and formal kids’ triathlons throughout the year to race in at the local, regional, and national level.
· Structured group workouts for all abilities
· Beginner/Intermediate & Advanced
· Gaining lifelong skills for an active lifestyle and love for the outdoors
· Social aspects while playing fun games
· Professional Coaching
· Free T-shirt
· Kids Triathlon on last day
Monday-Friday 7:45am-11:30am (be in pool by 8:00am)
$99 for Facility Members and $145 Program-Members
Financial Assistance Available
Specifics for camp:
*Participants should be able to swim 1 lap on own in the pool
*Need suit and goggles
*Need any bike that meets safety standards
*Need a helmet that fits correctly
*Need shoes for running
*Need a water bottle
*Participants remember to bring your own snacks
Schedule for Camp:
1. 7:45am participants arrive and sign in
(lock up bikes and get ready for swim)
2. 8:00am-9:00pm: Pool
3. 9:00am-9:30am change and snack
4. 9:30am-10:30am: Bike
5. 10:30am-10:45am change and snack
6. 10:45am-11:30: Run
7. Pick up at 11:30am
**Light day on Wednesday**
Thursday (Transition Clinic)
1. 7:45am participants arrive and sign in (lock up bikes and get ready for swim)
2. Transition Clinic: T1/T2 (practice over and over)
3. Race Day Preparation: course location, distances, age groups, start time, directions etc.
4. 11:15-11:30am: Camp Review
5. Pick up at 11:30am
Friday: Race Day
1. Participants arrive at 8:30am
2. Race starts at 9:00am
3. Following Race: Awards
The swim will be in the West Y pool with all the lane lines removed. One loop around that pool will be about 150 yards (we’ll put buoys in each of the corners).
Red Race Option: Swim (1 loop) 150 yards, Bike (2 loops) 2 miles, Run (1 loop) 0.5 mile.
White Race Option: Swim (2 loops) 300 yards, Bike (4 loops) 4 miles, Run (2 loops) 1 mile.
Blue Race Option: Swim (3 loops) 450 yards, Bike (6 loops) 6 miles, Run (3 loops) 1.5 mile.